Friday, January 10, 2014

scent of the day

During the summer, when I was co-managing the Farmers' Market here in town, I purchase a huge beautiful bouquet of homegrown lavender from one of our vendors.  Here's a photo, from the summer, of the bucket of bouquets from which I chose mine:


My bouquet has been hanging to dry in my kitchen, and this morning, to cheer me and scent the house, I decided to strip the branches and make a few little sachets from the lavender buds.


Our little house smells wonderful!  I am searching for some little mesh bags (which I have gotten from ordering perfume samples throughout the years) that don't smell like perfume, so I can use those mesh bags for sachets.   In the meantime, the little bowl of lavender is sitting next to me, making me smile!

2 comments:

  1. http://www.sfherb.com/store/miscellaneous-supplies,category.asp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh neat, Laurie - thanks for the link!!

      Delete

Comments are moderated, but to leave a comment, there is no 'captcha'. Thank you for leaving a message - I usually reply to each and every one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...