Monday, December 17, 2012

decorating hairpins

Last week, I started making some fancy hairpins.

I was inspired by one of my favorite blogs, Princess Piggies.  Although I do not have a daughter, nor do I have grandchildren, I enjoy reading this blog because as a child I wore my hair in braids.  Plus I'm hoping that one of these days I can try my hand at some of these hair styles on a granddaughter or a niece!  In the meantime, I'll make a few of these at a time, whenever I come across, or unearth from my beads and craft stash, some do-dads that would look cute on top of a pin.

Here is Julie's tutorial for how to make these pretty hairpins.



2 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty! Wonder if I still have some of my mom's hairpins around.. of course, they would fall right out of my hair. They need to make hairpins with more kinks in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Laurie! And so much fun to make - btw, she also shows you how to make them with bobby pins!!

      Delete

Comments are moderated, but to leave a comment, there is no 'captcha'. Thank you for leaving a message - I usually reply to each and every one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...